Sunday, February 15, 2009

Quick Trip to Kalispell

Kristian and I took a quick trip to Kalispell for work this week. It was fast and furious but we had a chance to have a little fun too. Did I mention we got pulled over on the home? Later...

Anyway, I took a few pictures from the side of road and wanted to share them. The first is really pretty. The sun was hitting the snow covered trees just right and it was divine.



The second is a little strange. I was coming around a corner and saw something I just had to stop and go back to take a picture of. I can't explain it but now I have a photo so no one can say I am making it up when I tell them the story.


So, about getting pulled over... We were on the shortcut through Valier, headed back to I-15 and the sun had just set. Off in the distance we saw some flashing red lights. Then we saw more of them. Then we saw even more. It looked like there were about 100 of them and they were spaced kind of strange. Then they were moving. I thought maybe it was a train. Needless to say, I was fascinated by them and kepting trying to figure out what they were and all the time not realizing that I was driving WAY too fast. We crested a hill and I died inside when I saw a cop sitting on the side of the road and I looked down to see the speedomoter read 85.



Back in the good ol' days of "reasonable and prudent" this would have been no big deal. I could go on and on about how and why that got taken away from us poor Montanans but then I might write something nasty and we wouldn't want that.


So the good cop flips his lights on, pulls a little Starsky and Hutch tire spin out of the pull-out he is sitting in and proceeds to pull me over. "Excuse me Ma'am, do you know how fast you were going?" *Why do they always ask this? Does it make a difference? If I didn't know could I play stupid?*


"No sir, I do now because I looked down but I was really freaked out by all of those red flashing lights. I thought it was alien invasion!" I didn't really say that last part but I did ask what they were. Turns out they are about 100 gigantic wind towers. Huh. I felt stupid but at least I didn't get a ticket. "I'll let you off with a warning this time Ma'am". I love the Montana Highway Patrol!

0 comments: