Monday, March 24, 2008

What's up with "Dirt in my Shoes"?

So I'm sure you must be wondering why in the world I titled my blog the way I did.

I've been thinking about starting a personal blog for some time. A place to post travel photos and videos of KDO's soccer games and concert solos. I just have a hard time with putting too much info out on the web. Oh, and I guess this is a good time to mention that I will be referring to my son as KDO to mask his identity. A little weird maybe but I have my reasons.

So anyways, on to my blog name and where it came from...

A few years ago my mom and I were watching KDO at one of his soccer games. A man walked onto the field and stood a few feet in front of us to watch. I leaned over and whispered to my mom, "There's just something about a guy in Carhartts!" She looked at me in shock, as if relieved to learn I was not a man-hater and then whispered back to me, "Well, I guess you have some dirt in your shoes after all." (a reference to being raised in the country)

That just always stuck with me. I'm a country girl living in the “big” city. I have a techy job working on computers but my apartment is at the VERY edge of town and I get to look out at mountains from my living room window. My son plays soccer and basketball on the big city teams but goes to a tiny private Christian school that feels much like a little country school with numerous grades fitted into one classroom. I drive a Jeep that always seems to be muddy and during the warm months you can always find us on the river or out camping.

I guess I have some dirt in my shoes after all. :-)

0 comments: